ARVAL is the leader in Full service leasing in Europe for long-term car rental. This dynamic market combines financial products with a multitude of services built around mobility solutions for the company car market. ARVAL is a BNPP group company founded in 1989. It is a world leader in this business with a fleet of more than 1,300,000 vehicles operating in 30 countries worldwide and employing more than 7 000 staff members.
Reporting to the Head of Legal of Spain and Portugal, the applicant will provide legal advice and assistance in relation to all legal aspects affecting Arval Portugal’s activities, which include drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts, providing legal advice to operational teams (including for new products), supervising legal proceedings, reporting legal activity and legal risk and ensuring legal watch of legal and regulatory changes.
As a Legal Counsel
- Draft, negotiate and validate contracts with clients and suppliers and intra-group contracts (or supervise drafting, negotiation and validation of such contracts) including GDPR issues.
- Draft and validate contractual documentation for (mainly mobility) products and services (or supervise drafting and validation of such a documentation)
- Ensure in a proactive way compliance by operational teams with applicable laws and regulations (data protection regulations, competition law, contractual law, corporate law…..)
- Advise and assist operational directions for the launch of new products (telematics products,car leasing for individuals, mobility products…).
- Advise internal clients in connection with all kinds of projects (marketing, sales, digital, remarketing, insurance…).
- Provide legal support to DPO and data teams in connection with GDPR and personal data protection rules.
- Enhance awareness of the Business re: various legal risks which could occur (personal data protection, competition law, insurance distribution regulations….)
- Manage pre-litigations and litigations in connection with external lawyer.
- Draft documentation in relation to the legal secretary of the companies (articles of associations, board meetings, powers of attorney…).
- Provide support to the Head of Legal in order to report legal activity and major legal risks to Arval Corporate Legal Department based in France and to the relevant business stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Head of Legal in order to ensure proper Permanent control for legal processes
- Assess legal risks related to the various products/transactions involving Arval Portugal and implement relevant mitigation actions (if and when necessary).
- Ensure regular legal watch and regular communication in relation to legal and regulatory changes impacting Arval’s activity.
The position directly reports (for the legal part of the position) to Head of Legal of Arval Spain and Portugal (based in Madrid), and locally to General Manager.
- University degree in legal;
- Post graduate education in data protection; consumers Law; legal tech or insurance will be highly appreciated.
At least 2 years’ experience as a lawyer in a law firm or as an in-house lawyer in corporate company or financial institution.
The applicant should have developed skills in business law (contract law, companies law, intellectual property laws, competition law), data protection law and insurance law.
Language 1: Portuguese Level: native/fluent
Language 2: English Level : fluent
Knowlegde of Spanish is a plus
- Responsibility and rigor
- Ability to analyze and be synthetic
- Negotiation skills
- Consciousness of business stakes of the company and of its operational teams
- Relational ease and ability to adapt
- Capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues, by integrating regulatory changes in an operational context.
- Communication skills
- Sense of service
TENS TUDO ISTO, MUITA VONTADE, ENERGIA E BOA DISPOSIÇÃO, ÉS QUEM PROCURAMOS.
AGUARDAMOS A TUA CANDIDATURA!